STANDARD FIRST AID ITEMS
These are the standard first aid items that should been in every first aid box, which everyone should have.
- Plasters and adhesive dressings.
- Sterile dressings.
- Gauze pads.
- Crepe bandages.
- Small pair of scissors.
- Sterile scalpel.
- Safety pins.
- Disposable gloves.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR WHEN YOU ARE HIKING OR HILL-WALKING.
We are writing this because ever since we have started hiking and hill-walking we know how important it is to have all these items.
- Compass- For knowing where north, south, east and west are.
- Bivvy bag- A ground marker.
- Flashlight- To find your way around at night
- Space blanket- The sun’s rays and flash an S.O.S signal
- Phone- Relevant numbers
- Mini flares- For create a smoke signal
- Mountain boots- Must be water proof
- Spare socks- In case the first pair get wet
- Multi-tool set must have knives, scissors and pliers.
HOW MAKE A TREE SWING
WHAT YOU NEED
- A large tree with a thick overhanging branch.
- A tyre-about the size of a car tyre.
- Rope –about 1.3cm thick and long enough to reach the branch plus3m.
- An eyebolt long enough to go through the branch, with a washer and locknut
- A quick link
- A lighter
WHAT YOU DO
- Find an appropriate tree. It needs to be a large tree with a sturdy overhanging branch that can hold you when you swing . It needs to be 9ft high. A hardwood tree would be ideal.
- Tie one end of the rope with a bowline knot or attach an eyebolt with a washer and locknut. Then tie the rope to the eyebolt with a bowline knot. Then attach the quick link to the eyebolt.
- Drill a few holes in the tyre to let rain water get out.
- Tie the rope to the tyre with a bowline knot.
- Climb on the tyre and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):)
Obviously, get an adult to supervise … etc etc
Check out the tree below, this is where Thomas and I are hopefully going to build our tyre swing – what do you all think?